Director II Compliance
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Location: Baton Rouge, LA. Must be located within a commutable distance to an Anthem pulse point in Louisiana. Relocation assistance is available.
At the senior director level, the Director II Compliance is responsible for directing compliance/implementation initiatives in Louisiana, and overseeing Compliance teams in Mississippi and Arkansas.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advocate and innovate strategic programming that corrects compliance issues, remediates risk, and advances the company's Compliance Program.
- Apply critical thinking to formulate compliance strategies and concepts that drive results, persuade and influence others, adapt to change, and manage conflict.
- Directs programs with advanced layers, objectives, tasks, stakeholders, requirements; creates policies, procedures and tools needed to operate daily function of program; manage/oversee/influence resources impacting projects or programs from matrixed organizations under different leadership.
- Manages or lead advanced compliance monitoring.
- Advises, coaches and mentors executives and senior management regarding compliance issues and provides reports as appropriate to relevant committees.
- Manages or lead the most advanced investigations, document findings, comply with notification requirements, ensure corrective actions are made.
- Sets goals for department and direct reports; plan, document and communicate department work, noting accountable direct reports and deadlines; may oversee a manager(s) with direct reports.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience, including minimum of 5 years management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Medicaid is strongly preferred.
- Experience building strong relationships with Medicaid agencies and state regulators is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the regulatory side of Medicaid is preferred.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel may be required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.