Senior Lead Engineer – Data Engineering
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Senior Lead Engineer – Data Engineering
The Senior Lead Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end application system development and maintenance on large complex enterprise wide technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements, leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products. Anticipates broad technical change and ensures that company technology stays ahead of the curve.
- Prioritize projects and make trade-offs with respect to the enterprise systems changes based on broader business needs.
- Understands the entire architecture for a major part of our business and is able to articulate the scaling and reliability limits.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- May participates in developing the multi-year technology strategy for critical areas of the business that may encompass multiple systems.
- Partners with technical and non technical stakeholder to identify the long term technical trajectory of the technology infrastructure.
- Creates architecture and anticipates future technology needs.
- Leads the conversations internally about the direction of major areas of the technology, drives wide-team consensus to the adoption of this direction, and uses this direction when engaging engineers.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Reviews and monitors initiatives for end to end impact and coordination.
- Participates in review and decision making for enterprise solutions.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study a minimum of 9 years experience; multi dimensional platform experience, expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Minimum of 7+ years hands-on experience with ETL Tool: DataStage, SSIS or similar technologies.
- Strong SQL and analytical skills. Experience developing APIs will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing data pipelines in cloud platforms; in-depth knowledge of various core AWS services such as IAM, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, ECS, EMR/Spark, SQS, SNS, Glue suite-ETL job, Data Catalog, Crawler, Data sync, Cloud Health, CloudWatch, Lambda, Athena, Quicksight, DMS and Redshift.
- Experience working with relational databases including Oracle, SQL Server, T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Experience working in event driven architecture; hands-on experience working with JSON and tool - RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Sybase and MongoDB a plus
- Experience mentoring others drive teams to achieve results, lead multiple or large projects and provide troubleshooting supports strongly preferred.
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.