Wellness & Recovery - Peer Support Specialist - Certification Required
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team:
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action, and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Location: Remote, United States
Shift: 12:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday)
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
• Identifies opportunities for engagement of members and their families in forming a supportive, recovery network.
• Develops and implements provision of onsite psychiatric discharge planning education at Recovery and Resiliency sites.
• Collaborates with Stabilization Teams as a member advocate in discharge planning education, resolution of barriers, and service transitions.
• Acts as a resource for staff on decision making and problem solving. Initiates and maintains contact with assigned individuals and providers to determine members’ response to services.
How you will make an impact:
Responsible for care coordination and/or care management activities focused on the Wellness and Recovery of Amerigroup members.
• Requires AA/AS and minimum of 2 years of experience in health services or behavioral health field or in a peer support services role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• Peer Specialist Certification required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
• BA/BS or MBA preferred.
• Knowledge of care-coordination and case management concepts strongly preferred.
• Experience with crisis work or substance abuse.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.