Alliance Strategy & Development Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Location: Remote work environment anywhere in United States, preferably close to an office location
The Alliance Strategy & Development Director is responsible for national membership and revenue growth of Medicare and Medicaid Alliance business including pipeline development and monitoring with multiple matrix partners. Creates and executes on strategies to contract and launch both Blue and non-Blue Alliance relationships. Identifies and communicates Alliance plan best practices for use when developing new relationships.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Oversees, creates, identifies, and leads Alliance pipeline development activities
- Collaborates in building pipeline strategy by evaluating current Alliance partnerships to determine potential expansion as well as white space market opportunities.
- Works in partnership with Business Development to create Alliance pipeline; identifies potential targets, research viability of potential target, and makes initial outreach to target
- Evaluates current Alliance partnerships to determine potential expansion as well as white space market opportunities.
- Drives initial Alliance opportunity assessment activities.
- Leads all Alliance contract negotiations.
- Initiates and builds external relationships with Alliance partners.
- Develops and presents key financial, legal and risk data to senior leadership across various business lines.
- Maintains continuous improvement of the Medicare/Medicaid Alliance development playbook.
- Requires a BA/BS in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Minimum 10 years of related leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred skills, capabilities and experience:
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, influencing and negotiation skills, PC skills, advanced strategic planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent quantitative, marketing, and financial skills strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Corporate Development activities and legal entity structures preferred
- Medicare or Medicaid experience.
- Travel may be required
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place to Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.