Information Security Executive Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Information Security Executive Advisor
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
How you will make a difference:
Develops strategic and tactical plans for a comprehensive enterprise-wide information security program. Leads the development of policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for the selection and delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes architecture oversight and planning for information and network security technologies
- Leads development of an information security risk management program that includes business, regulatory, industry practices and technical environment considerations
- Establishes strategic vendor relationships for security products and services
- Develops enterprise-wide security incident response plans and strategies that includes integration with business, compliance, privacy, and legal constituents and requirements
- Provides advanced level engineering design functions
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems
- Creates presentations and seeks IT and business management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security technologies serving the Enterprise
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to the technical engineers within the organization
- Participates in the design of the enterprise architecture
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on targeted or continuous assessment
- Researches relevant trends and activities in healthcare, business, competition and regulatory environments
- Recommends strategy adjustments
- Participates in enterprise planning activity, including vendor assessment, technology platform selection & retirement, prioritization and integration
- Capable of serving as technical merger & acquisition lead
- Routinely acts as a subject matter expert for executive management
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 6 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
- BS/BA in Information Technology or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems is strongly preferred. Expert knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts strongly preferred as applied to Security Certifications: CISSP preferred and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Systems Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation or equivalent certifications).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities and deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline orientated environment preferred
- Skilled in various reporting tools, preferably PowerBI preferred
- Excellent strategic and tactical business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision making preferred
- Deep understanding of data mining and business intelligence (data management, dashboards, metrics, KPI) preferred
- Understanding of project and program management preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task preferred
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas preferred
- Proficient desktop skills in MS Office-Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Project (Intermediate to advanced level: Excel filters, pivot tables, charts, and macros) strongly preferred.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $135,840 - $178,290 (Min – MRP)
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.