Business Analyst I or II- Job Family
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Business Analyst I
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5pm EST
Responsible for assisting with the translation of business needs into application software requirements. This is the entry-level in a career progression. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in developing and/or modifying requirements, business design specifications, user training and documentation.
- Researches and documents business issues.
- Translates business requirements to technical staff to ensure that requirements are incorporated into system design.
- Tests and documents solutions.
- Serves as liaison between users of the software and technical staff.
Business Analyst II
- Responsible for translating basic business needs into application software requirements. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes business needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address specific business needs.
- Works with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
- Acts as liaison with users of the software to address questions/issues.
Business Analyst I
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5 years related health care experience that includes workflow design, data analysis, and/or systems automation and testing; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Understanding of business processes and systems capability strongly preferred.
Business Analyst II
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 3 years related business analysis experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Knowledge of systems capabilities and business operations is strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.