Security Analyst III/Senior (Job Family)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Schedule: Mon - Fri | 9a-5p with occasional on-call weekends
Location: 100% Remote
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact as a Security Analyst III:
- Responsible for providing enterprise security solutions for business, regulatory, and legal requirements, and assuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
How you will make an impact (including but are not limited to) as a Security Analyst III:
- Participates and completes tasks associated with the implementations for systems and network security technologies; executes testing plans; coordinates and prepares reporting of data security events and incidents; provides system and network architecture support; provides technical support to business and technology associates.
- Provides trouble resolution on complex issues.
- Performs system and network upgrade tasks.
- Designs and analyzes vendor services and information security requirements; maintains relationship with key vendors.
- Participates and completes lights-on initiatives to consolidate equipment and/or implement business relocations.
- Performs complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements.
- Performs capacity analysis; recommends and implements capacity increases.
- Responds to Level 3 and 4 change and problem requests; leads Level 1 and 2 incident recoveries and root cause analysis.
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact as a Security Analyst Senior:
- Responsible for managing the delivery of information and network security systems and/or technology services, which may include server, desktop, software, network, database, helpdesk components.
How you will make an impact (including but are not limited to) as a Security Analyst Senior:
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems and leads implementations for system and network security technologies;
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation; coordinates and prepares the reporting of data security events and incidents;
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies;
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies;
- Represents major upgrades and reconfigurations in change control;
- Design & analyze mix of vendor services meeting business and information security requirements;
- Maintains relationship with key vendors;
- Leads lights on initiatives to consolidate equipment and/or implement business relocations;
- Determine and perform complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements;
- Perform capacity analysis;
- Recommend and implement capacity increases;
- Serve as the technical escalation for results of preventative maintenance routines;
- Supervise preventative maintenance;
- Represents infrastructure security support in significant projects and performs the most complex operations and administration tasks; respond to level 3 & 4 change and problem requests without supervision;
- Lead level 1 & 2 incident recoveries and root cause analysis.
Minimum Requirements for Security Analyst III:
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a support and operations or design and engineering role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Minimum Requirements for Security Analyst Senior:
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in support & operations or design & engineering role in any of the following areas: access management or network security technologies, servers, networks, Network communications, telecommunications, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, hardware/software support or other infrastructure services role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience providing top-tier support for 3 or more of the information security technology areas: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences for Security Analyst III and Senior
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner) strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Information System and Computer Science or related field of study strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience architecting and supporting AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle, IBM Cloud and / or Oracle Open Shift Container Platform environments
- At least 1 year experience leveraging Palo Alto Prisma Cloud Compute (Twistlock) and Enterprise, Qualys or native cloud tools to Scan instances, containers and functions to determine vulnerabilities and communicate remediation expecations to owners.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions.
- Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.