Principal Architect Executive
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Principal Cloud Architect
Location: This position eligible for full time remote schedule. Location within 50 miles of an Anthem office; preferred locations are Mason OH, Atlanta GA, and Indianapolis IN. All other locations will be considered
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
This role will be part of a dynamic shared services team driving multi-cloud transformation across Anthem with special focus on Enterprise application strategy in its modernization effort. The individual will be working through business requirements, guiding architectural, operations, audit, security, governance, legal, regulatory decisions. The goal is to build modernization strategy and execution by participating in assessments, creating recommendations, publishing blueprints and roadmaps for the enterprise platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advanced level engineering design blueprints.
- Recommends new solutions that build the processes on how services are delivered to members, providers and key stakeholders-view on all aspects of data and process flows; this could be automated or manual.
- Develops an integrated view and make recommendations for all processes, data flows, connection points to establish the foundation.
- Serving as a strategist to continuously refine our multi-cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) deployment practices for improved reliability, scalability, repeatability and security
- Driving effective DevSecOps practices (including automation, establishing frameworks for tokenization and encryption) in compliance with government and other enterprise standards (such as PCI-DSS, PHI, PII, SOX).
- Establishing overall systems architecture vision and ensure specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; drives the holistic vision of Cloud Modernization.
- Partners with company leadership to design processes that will shape and build the foundation.
- Leads initiatives and owns governance to establish new processes and changes to existing processes.
- Establishes overall business architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; contributes to the holistic vision.
- Works on all aspects of the business model to convey needs to IT and key business stakeholders. Understanding of data, data requirements, data constraints, business process and workflows, automation, and service delivery and benefit structure to align end to end processes.
- Help deliver and drive migration based upon roadmaps defined by enterprise data roadmaps.
- Works with IT to lead IT Business Transformation architecture strategy and vision.
- Provides continuous consulting services and direction on projects.
- Champions and responsible for business architectural standards, guidelines, principles, frameworks, and reference models.
- Works with IT to define architectures for new strategic initiatives.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture/design, business processes, strategic design or relevant disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10 + years designing, developing and operating complex, high-performance enterprise solutions
- 5+ years as domain architect or equivalent experience in domain or solution architecture
- Experience with developing architecture strategies, blueprints and architecture models
- Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig
- In-depth knowledge of the enterprise architectural plans, information systems, and corporate business plans; expert knowledge of and expertise in at least one core infrastructure technology, as is a demonstrated ability to utilize this knowledge in strategic decisions; demonstrated building advanced technology designs utilizing business and technical requirements.
- Prior experience in influencing stakeholders and teams; demonstrated ability to create and present ideas clearly using written and verbal means
- A sense of urgency and the ability to hit the ground running with minimal direction
- Experience working with designing customer facing, large scale, high performance applications on AWS/GCP/Azure
- Knowledge of Dev-ops including CI/CD, Git/GitHub, and build tools like Maven, Docker, Bamboo, Terraform and container like OCP, Kubernetes.
- Experience in working with Cloud Networking, Cloud Security, Cloud IAM roles, Cloud based data encryption & Serverless Architecture.
- Demonstrated Cloud Skills in the form of certifications, designing and building customer facing high volume, high throughput solutions.
- Cross-functional experience (e.g., strategy, change management, business process management) experience strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.