Regulatory Affairs Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change.
Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Anthem Inc family of companies.
Manages processes for ensuring company and its subsidiaries are informed of applicable laws and regulations.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Develops, implements, and maintains processes for reviewing information about new laws and regulations and changes in interpretation on laws and regulations obtained from various sources.
• Serves as subject matter expert on laws and regulations that impact the business.
• Performs original research on points of law that may arise as issues of concern.
• Develops, implements, and maintains process for drafting policies and procedures that address any new or changed laws or regulations. Interacts with legal department to review and evaluate policies and procedures.
• Develops, implements, and maintains process for coordinating with accreditation, quality management, clinical adherence, and operational areas to ensure department output is in alignment with company’s overall objectives.
• Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in health insurance and regulatory compliance; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Legal training and education
• Knowledge of applicable accreditation requirements
• Project Management
• Behavioral Health experience
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.