Project Manager Senior
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change.
Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
The Senior Project Manager will manage and execute multiple projects of varying sizes and duration, including large projects from a global perspective and regulatory/internal policy compliance. Collaborates with various functional teams including compliance, legal, data privacy, business operations, clinical, technology, and others. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying critical thinking and project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
• In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager this position coaches and mentors project team members.
• Mentors other project managers.
• Determines project scope.
• Develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans.
• Develops training plans and develops requirements documents.
• Develops project approval matrix.
• Identifies project team training and tool needs.
• Defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for services and products.
• Coordinate requirements, schedule implementation and post-implement plans,
• Defines quality gates for each project methodology phase.
• Defines critical success factors; and establishes and manages the project warranty period.
• Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 5 years professional project management experience required during which at least 3 years are spent leading and directing project tasks; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.