LTSS Service Coordinator
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
LTSS Service Coordinator
Location: Work @ Home with local travel in Linn County, IA
Be part of an extraordinary team.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Amerigroup is a proud member of Anthem’s family of brands, offering Medicaid and Medicare plans in several states. We also provide administrative services to Medicaid plans in partnership with blue cross blue shield plans.
How you will make an impact:
The LTSS Service Coordinator is responsible for overall management of member's individual service plan within the scope of position, as required by applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, and revises the member's service plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing telephonic or face-to-face history and program needs assessments using a tool with pre-defined questions for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's long term service and support needs.
- Using tools and pre-defined identification process, identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high risk complications) and coordinates those member's cases with the clinical healthcare management and interdisciplinary team in order to provide care coordination support.
- The process does not involve clinical judgment. Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of long term services and supports.
- Establishes short and long term service and support goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of service or other waiver programs.
- May also serve as mentor or preceptor for new staff, assisting in the formal training of associates and may be involved in process improvement initiatives.
- Requires BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with a social work agency; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Specific education, years, and type of experience may be required based upon state law and contract requirements.
- Travel required
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- BA/BS degree field of study in health care related field preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.